Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Unit of Inquiry, Week 1: Knowledge

I think so far, I do a nice job, and I think this is easy but, I will keep try harder next week, because next week the exercise will be harder and harder. My topic is basketball, and my essential question is How can I learn about some successful basketball players, and how can I learn to shoot better from them?
Some of my tasks, have a list and some of them I describe it, the list is the list of the thing that the basketball player did, and describe is I describe the basketball player.

This is the thing I do on the knowledge part this week:

Basketball Player.
How does a basketball player shoot the ball very well to the hoop?
How can they be a basketball player?
How can they be very successful on playing basketball?
I choose: How can someone become a successful basketball player?
Min Hao

Topic: Basketball

Essential Question: How can I learn about some successful basketball players, and how can I learn to shoot better from them?

AOI: Health and Social Education.
 
Most successful basketball players:
- Michael Jordan (The most successful Players)
- Kobe Bryant
- Dwayne Wade
- Lebron James
- Dwight Howard (The most successful players now)
- Robert Horry (Win 5 champions in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2007)




Team:
- Boston Celtics
- New York Knicks
- Los Angeles Lakers
- Chicago Bulls
Coaches:
- Lenny Wilkens
- Don Nelson
- Pat Riley
- Jerry Sloan
- Larry Brown
- Bill Fitch
- Red Auerbach
- Dick Motta
- Phil Jackson
- Jack Ramsay

Top ten most successful players:
10. Rajon Rondo, PG Boston Celtics
9. Amare Stoudemire, PF New York Knicks
8. Chris Paul, PG New Orleans Hornets
7. Carmelo Anthony, SF Denver Nuggets
6. Deron Williams, PG Utah Jazz
5. Kevin Durant, SF Oklahoma CIty Thunder
4. Dwight Howard, C Orlando Magic
3. Dwayne Wade, SG Miami Heat
2. Lebron James, SF Miami Heat
1. Kobe Bryant, SG Los Angeles Lakers

How do they be successful:

Kobe Bryant:

The skill that Kobe Bryant did is agility, strength, and stamina in the court. Kobe Bryant works very hard, and he was the most fittest man from all the NBA players, because he exercise everyday for long time.

Idea for the skills:

Need to know how to play defense and offense, so we can play better and try to not make too many falls to other players. Need to exercise everyday and practice everyday, and practice to shoot hoops everyday, so the skill will increase.

For point guard: Need to handle the ball, don’t let the other team get the ball from you, need to know where are the teammates, and pass the teammates that is open without any people beside him. 

Shooting Guard: Need to shoot better, watch the teammate with the ball, find a open space without any people beside you, quickly after get the ball shoot the ball if you can.

The skill from the basketball player that I will use is:
- The strength, stamina, and work harder on playing basketball.

- Play good at offense and defense, because on basketball we need to know how to defense people and offense to defense the ball.

- Point Guard, because on point guard, I can learn to dribble better, and defense the ball from being attack.

- Shooting Guard, because I can learn to shoot better, and can learn how to defense the ball when I shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment